How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms (either in person, on our website or electronically through our systems, including on our Holiday Planner page) or by corresponding with us in person, by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- make an enquiry on our website;
- use our Holiday Planner page;
- make an enquiry about our products and / or services in person, by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- enter into negotiations with us for provision of our products and / or services (in person, by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise);
- enter into an agreement with us for the provision of our products and / or services (in person, by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise);
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us some feedback or survey response.
Automated technologies or interactions
Third parties or publicly available sources
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU; and
- Search information providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services who may be based inside or outside the EU, such as Worldpay (UK) Limited.
- Identity and Contact Data from any party you ask to introduce you to us, for example, Visit Outer Hebrides in the UK.
- Identity, Contact and Transaction Data from any agents you instruct to make a booking with us. These agents are based worldwide.